The "Northeastern Wisconsin Steam Club" was founded on
May 28, 1954 in Kewaunee Wisconsin. The "Steam" show however was started
in 1952 and the first steam and engine show was held in Luxemburg in 1953. The
Saenger family was still using Steam power to Thresh grain and there was local interest in
the Morrison Lark area. Jim Rabas of Algoma had a "Fleet" of Antique steam
engines and was interested in an event and the Reckelberg Family; Herman and Fred also had
several pieces of restored Steam tractors. As a result the combined forces became
the beginning of the club.